This course facilitates the participants to be familiar with Problem-Based Learning (PBL): Aalborg Model that deals with the principles as problem-orientation, project work, interdisciplinarity, participant-directed learning, and the exemplary principle and teamwork.
The course aims to provide the idea of development, features, and implementation of PBL, and to apply PBL from a different point of views. The course delivers the possible outcomes of the application of PBL in the different local classroom teaching in the partner countries as well.
- Understand the theory and practice of (PBL)
- Familiar with the relational concept of problem-based learning and project-organized learning
- Know about the different learning principles for PBL
- Step by step orientation of principles of project-organized problem-solving with real-life examples
- Identifying the different variations of PBL in AAU and creating similar PBL as per the participants’ institution
- Implementation of PBL in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting
- Critically connect the PBL in localized classrooms
- Aspects for releasing, using, reusing and repurposing the PBL
Reading academic articles, video lectures, slides, participating in the discussion forum (s), and attending a quiz
Approximately 7.5 Hours
Internet browsable device and rights to install software. Ideally, teaching role in a course.
The participants are expected to have knowledge and skills: (1) Basic internet literacy, (2) to be able to apply downloaded educational material in teaching
The course participants will be assessed on the basis of (1) reflection on their learning, (2) discussions, (3) assignments, (4) quizzes
The Aix-Marsellie University, France will issue a certificate mentioning 0.5 ECTS course for the successful completion any two courses of the blended learning platform moodle.blteae.eu