The Blended Learning approach is one of the emerging trends in education, especially for teacher educators. For maximising students’ learning now, the education process needs to be personalised. Theoretical and practical knowledge will be delivered through computer-based activities. Digital methods will be implemented in classroom as a salient feature of this approach. Knowledge will be inculcated through online videos, face-to-face and discussions. Assignment and classroom activities will be designed in such a way that students will browse and correlate information by themselves with the help of a computer.
After this blended learning (BL) course, students will:
- be familiar with the concept of Blended Learning
- be able to understand a model of Blended Learning
- be able to analyze a Blended Learning approach in terms of its advantages and disadvantages
- know about implementation of BL models in classrooms
- be able to discuss challenges in implementation
- know about the concept of Flipped Learning
- understand the model of Station Rotation for the sake of blending teaching and learning
- be able to correlate component parts of a concept (blending through station rotation)
- appreciate the scope of both face-to-face learning and a flipped mode of learning and be able to compare both approaches logically
- be able to analyse traditional methods of teaching and blended learning approaches
- be able to draw the strengths and weaknesses of face-to-face learning and flipped classroom learning
Online and face to face teaching- learning supported with videos, assignments and question-answer sessions.
7.5 Hours (5 hours face to face, 2.5 hours online)
Computer, internet connection, multimedia, sound system
Basic Computer skills, concept building, questioning skill
Students’ performance will be assessed through short quizzes and presentations.
Certification will be provided by the National University of Modern Languages (NUML), Islamabad