The National University of Modern Languages, Islamabad in Pakistan arranges in-service teacher training workshops on a continuous basis for their professional grooming. The Department of Education recently organised a 10-day workshop on “Evaluation Strategies at Higher Education Level: Pros and Cons” from 11th till 22nd September, 2017 under the patronage of the Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Prof. Dr Sufiana Khatoon Malik. The workshop coordinator and focal person for the workshop was Dr. Saira Nudrat.
The learning outcomes of this workshop included:
- Defining personal ability to develop objective type tests
- Developing table of specifications as a parameter of student evaluation
- Gaining insight about item analysis
- Designing essay type tests, and
- Developing a plan for formative and summative evaluation.
49 participants of the workshop communicated reflectively that this learning platform was conducive in improving their assessment and evaluation skills and in creating relevancy of teaching with evaluation.